Sunday, October 4, 2009

Who doesn't eat a sugar free breakfast??

I know I do.

So I'll share it with you, just in case you are participating in Kimi's Sugar Free Challenge over at The Nourishing Gourmet.

What you need:
1/2 to 1 cup of Quinoa(I use more when I know I won't be eating lunch till later)
2 Eggs
About 3 tbs of grated cheese(Your choice)(Personally I like swiss or cheddar)
Enough butter to fry your eggs in(or the oil of your choice)
Salt and pepper if you want it(I don't even use it)

Break your eggs into a bowl and mix them up, then add the cheese in, Scramble in a frying pan that has been heated to about medium. And just before the eggs are done, add the quinoa to the pan and stir it all around.

Done.

It's that easy. I make a bunch of quinoa at the beginning on the week and just use it throughout the week because we all know I love quinoa.

To make this Super sugar free, use an aged cheese that no longer has lactose in it.

If you want you could add vegetables to this to beef it up, but I like things plain in the morning, plus it's just easier to not chop vegetables(I get up at 4:30 am so I don't really feel like going crazy some mornings)

Let me know if you find a way to make it better, because better is just better!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe...love quinoa! I usually stir fry veggies and put over quinoa with a dash of soy sauce!

I sub sugar with honey. Not many people eat cooked oatmeal I guess but I like it with honey and cinnamon!

Q said...

This summer I ate soaked oatmeal with maple syrup every morning, but maple syrup is really expensive so I switched to eggs, I think I'm going to switch back to oatmeal soon, It's getting cold outside. :)

S.Eckert said...

mmmm...I love quinoa! I find it gives me so much energy.